Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

9 Months, 6 Days—They're Coming Off!




This. Is. It.

For real this time.

But, still only half-way.

My top braces are coming off in five days! Less than a week.

I can't believe this, I'm still not completely sure, but I'm more sure now than I was before.

Also, side note: they are pretty badly stained at the present. I just had come Coke. Shoot me. It's late, and I'm having caffeine, shoot me again.

Even though I don't think they're still 100% perfect, my orthodontist thinks he can't do any more, and I can't say that I'm not happy, and they can't be 100% perfect, can they?

I am happy for them to come off. It really does seem this is as good as it gets.

My orthodontist took impressions for the second time last visit on Tuesday, and thinks they're perfect.

What else can I say?

Do you think they're ready to come off?

They can't stay on forever anyway, and I think I might be a bit obsessed with my teeth, actually.

Guilty.

4 comments:

  1. When you say they're not 100% perfect, what would you change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've asked for it! You probably won't see what I do, though.

    My top centerline is a little bit off when I smile, so it feels to the left more than the left of my smile.

    The line also seems tilted and not perfectly straight up and down between my two front teeth.

    The ridge on the front, right insicor is a little bit protruded, and it seems to form more of a shadow on the next tooth. That next tooth, I think should also come out a bit more to fix this issue, and because it is a bit back in the first place. Also, when I run my tounge behind the back of my top teeth, this tooth has a bump and sits back in my mouth more than the others.

    My teeth have since developed little gaps near the gumline which make me whistle slightly when I pronounce 's' or 'f' words, and the gaps aren't great looking either.

    I have voiced everything with my orthodontist, and most he's dismissed as non-existent, imagining things or, ultimately, unable to be fixed or improved upon any further. He assures me that they are perfect and that I should trust him. If it's the best he can do, and by all means I would assume he is doing his best, he probably would do so.

    Either way, they're coming off on Tuesday, and I feel that that's the only way about it. He can't do anymore, and frankly, I want them off. Not at the expense of better teeth, but he says they're perfect and if he says so, they must be. There's no such thing as perfect teeth, regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I do believe that you need to publish more on this subject, it might not be a
    taboo subject but usually people do not talk about such issues.

    To the next! All the best!!

    my webpage ... http://www.linuxvpnrouter.com

    ReplyDelete